Any product that you trust to take care of the skin and hair of your little one needs to be just perfect! A product that will not only understand the requirement of their delicate skin but also make sure that your little one is not exposed to any harmful chemical! So, to make sure that you have every piece of information that you need, we are here to bring you the list of the Best baby shampoos in India, that will take care of everything from dandruff to oily scalp!
Best Baby Shampoos in India 2021
Check Price on Amazon
- 0.1 Himalaya Gentle baby shampoo
- 0.2 Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Natural Baby Shampoo
- 0.3 Sebamed Baby Shampoo
- 0.4 Mee-Mee Mild Baby Shampoo
- 0.5 Dabur Baby Gentle Nourishing Shampoo
- 0.6 Johnson’s Baby Active Kids Shiny Drops Shampoo
- 0.7 Spoo Shampoo for Babies
- 0.8 Mustela Gentle Baby Shampoo
- 0.9 Baby Dove Rich Moisture Shampoo
- 0.10 How To Choose The Right Shampoo For Children?
- 0.11 What are the benefits of using Baby Shampoos?
- 0.12 FAQ for Best Baby Shampoos in India
- 1 How safe is it to use baby shampoo?
- 2 Does a kid’s shampoo sting a child’s eyes?
- 3 Is it true that baby shampoo is tear-free?
- 4 Is baby shampoo better than regular shampoo?
- 5 Are the baby shampoos suitable for the growth of hair?
Himalaya has grown to be a brand that a lot of parents trust for the safety of their kids. From shampoos to the lotion in the baby range, you will not need to worry about reactions and problems when it comes to their products! And the Himalaya Gentle baby shampoo is no exception to the list. Not only would this shampoo soften and nourish the hair of your baby, but it will also make sure that the gentle formula is not harmful to their skin or eyes!
Once you will start using this shampoo, you will definitely notice a luster in the hair thanks to the brilliance of the Himalaya Gentle baby shampoo. The best baby shampoo for hair comes with a pH-balanced formula that keeps the hair easily manageable and tangle-free after use. Many happy parents have adopted this shampoo after a single use and have been happy customers ever since.
Let’s have a quick look at the list of the pros and cons of the product!
- 100 % soap-free formula
- pH-balanced formula
- Absolutely no tear concoction
- Really gentle on your baby’s hair
- No Parabens and Preservative free
- Mild fragrance shampoo with no annoying after smell
- A little overpriced
- Can leave hair slightly frizzy
A comparatively new name in the baby product market, Mamaearth has risen to be one of the strongest contenders in the race of the best Baby shampoo for hair growth. The Mamaearth Gentle cleansing natural baby shampoo is designed to understand the needs of your baby’s hair and understands that shampooing is not an easy task. The experts at the Mamaearth office have given this shampoo a soft consistency, meaning that it would foam easily on your baby’s hair and scalp.
Another thing that the shampoo takes care of is the eyes of your little one, and it would not irritate or redden them in case of contact. With a sweet-smelling liquid with a thin creamy consistency, the smell of the shampoo is not going to linger for a longer duration of time. If we are talking in simple terms, this shampoo ultimately plays out as everything you want to be wrapped into one and might even work in defeating the well-built market of Johnsons and Himalaya shampoos.
Now that we know more about Mamaearth, let’s have a quick look at the list of pros and cons.
- Nice and gentle fragrance
- Foams up quickly
- The lather is soft and creamy
- Works well to clean not only your baby’s hair but also the scalp
- Would definitely not irritate the skin or eyes
- Decently priced and packaged
- Fun Animal design on the bottle for your child
- They lack a complete list of ingredients on the packaging
- Some people complained that the hair though clean is unable to lock moisture after use.
If your child has an exceptionally delicate scalp then you need to look no further for the Sebamed Baby shampoo has you covered. Though it might look like the commercial brand of baby shampoos and might even lean towards a more medical alternative, this shampoo is perfectly suited for your kid’s delicate skin and hair. Best baby shampoo for dry hair and fine hair this perfect little product is not just limited to kids a certain age and can be used well into adolescence. This amazing Alkali-free formula works by gently cleaning without any additional harm of chemicals and dryness. Instead of that, with every bottle of the Sebamed Baby Shampoo, you can expect to find the perfect concoction of fennel, mistletoe, yarrow, melissa, and camomile! This herbal cocktail will give your baby not only the protection that they deserve but also make sure that the hair is left softer smoother and more nourished with each and every wash.
Leaving behind just a mild fragrance and easy-to-comb hair, this shampoo will make your life easier for years to come. So, say goodbye to colorants, nitro-mochas compounds, and even dioxins with just a simple choice.
Sebamed Shampoo is one of the Best Baby Shampoos in India
Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of this baby shampoo.
- Really gentle on hair
- Completely easy on the eyes with a no-tear formula
- Perfectly pH balanced for baby skin
- Can be used for a huge age bracket right up to adolescence
- Expensive for a baby shampoo
- Can cause some irritation with initial uses
One of the lesser-known names in the market when it comes to the baby product, the Mee-Mee product line of the Mild Baby Shampoo is one that many happy parents are happy to be introduced to. This shampoo will not only keep your baby’s eyes happy and hair bouncy but will do so while being sure that they don’t come in contact with any dangerous chemicals.
One of the best things about the shampoo is that it is infused with Grapefruit extract which makes it one of the best baby shampoo for dry hair, leaving them shiny and lustrous starting with just one use.
Now you can cleanse and nourish your baby’s hair without having to part with the natural softness that they come with. With a tear-free formula, this shampoo is not only hypoallergenic but also dermatologically tested to be the best friend with the bath times with your little one. With a subtle invigorating fragrance, you would not have to leave the smell of love from the head of your baby. Complete with olive fruit oil, natural extracts, and the Matricaria flower extract, this is one of the few shampoos that can be dubbed the best baby shampoo in India for newborns!
Let’s quickly recap the review in this list of pros and cons
- Cleans out the scalp really well
- A very fresh and invigorating fragrance
- Organic, chemical-free concoction with a tear-proof formula
- A brilliant packaging that will make sure a single bottle lasts
- Made without Paraben
- Not easily available in Indian markets
When it comes to a baby shampoo it is important that you choose a product that is not only gentle but also free of additional chemicals and additives. If you are looking for such a product then choosing the Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo would be a perfect choice. With a perfect pH score of 5.5, this Shampoo will work perfectly for their tiny little scalp while also taking care of their delicate skin. One of the best things that the parents found with the Aveeno Baby Wash and shampoo is the brilliant package with a no-slip no-fuss design that will make bath time easier for both you and your baby.
However, the fact that earns Aveeno its position in the list of the best baby shampoos in India is its effective cleaning. Whether it is oil, dirt, mush, or even dried-up baby food, the Aveeno shampoo will leave your baby’s hair feeling clean and soft with every single wash.
Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of the Aveeno Baby Wash and shampoo
- Really Gentle on hair
- Perfect pH score of 5.5
- Really mild fragrance
- Brilliant cleaning and hydration of the hair
- A Shampoo and Body wash in one making bath time easy
- Really convenient packaging to avoid slipping.
- Value for price
- Contains Parfum with undisclosed chemical compo nents
One of the best baby shampoo for hair, the Dabur Baby Shampoo works to take care of the hair of your little one with loving ayurvedic herbs and secret traditional ingredients! Dermatologically tested to be completely mild and safe for your little one, the Dabur brand has made sure that this neutral product would be completely soft on delicate skin and hair.
Some of the most noted ingredients of this shampoo include Hibiscus, Gooseberry, Aloe Vera, and Khus, the combination of which gives a rich creamy lather that will make sure that the hair is not only clean but also remain hydrated and soft. This hypoallergenic liquid is not only a very safe product for the hair, but the tear-free formula means that the eyes and skin of your little baby would be taken care of by nothing but the best.
Lets quickly list out the pros and cons of Dabur Baby shampoo to help you make the decision
- Really great Ayurvedic and herbal product for babies
- Leaves hair clean and smooth
- Perfect for delicate and soft skin
- pH balanced product
- No chemical
- Great packaging for easy use
- Might not be the best product for dry hair
A list of the best baby shampoos in India cannot be complete without the mention of Johnson’s Baby shampoo, and the Active Kid Shiny drop Shampoo definitely deserves its place. Been created after a five-level safety assurance process, the Active baby shampoo is designed to keep your child’s growing years in mind. Everything from normal sweat to the trickiest of dirt in your kid’s hair is no challenge for the amazing Johnson’s shampoo. With every wash, you will find that your child’s hair is clean, soft, and shiny without any problematic tangle or knots to fight with. A chemical-free product, the Shiny kids is also soap-free and has no tears! There is one thing to note here however, this shampoo is suited for kids above the age of 2.
Let’s quickly go over the list of pros and cons to make sure that your decision is informed
- Completely no-tear formula
- 100% Soap-Free shampoo
- One of the best baby shampoo for curly hair
- Gentle and mild fragrance
- pH balanced product
- Affordable and easily available
- No parabens
- Preservatives free
- Attractive packaging for the kids
- Not SLS free.
Considered to be one of the best choices when it comes to picking out the mildest and the most gentle cleaning product for babies, Spoo Shampoo for babies is something that you should try out today if you haven’t already! This shampoo is not only soap-free but also sulfate-free meaning that it would not only clean the little one’s hair but would do so with love and care. One of the best baby shampoo for dandruff and delicate scalp, this shampoo is now being adopted by more and more concerned parents today. A completely chemical-free and gentle liquid that will not irritate the skin or the eye, this shampoo is really good when it comes to a good nourishing cleaning. Spoo Shampoo is one of the Best Baby Shampoos in India
Let’s move on to the list of pros and cons for the Spoo shampoo for babies.
- Completely chemical, soap, and sulfate-free formulation
- A mild subtle fragrance that leaves behind a pleasant odor
- pH balanced formula to make sure it doesn’t harm the hair or the skin
- No tear formula for the eyes
- Avoids dryness or dandruff in hair
- Might be a little expensive.
- Not easily available in the Indian market
One of the best baby shampoos for hair growth, the Mustela brand ensures a soft and gentle experience with every single wash. A brilliant product for smooth and tear-free nourishment for your child’s daily bath, you will not have to worry about the harmful effects of chemicals or soap. One of the best parts about this shampoo is the soft and mild detangling formula mixed with a unique tear-free formula that leaves behind an invigorating smell making it one of the best baby shampoo in India.
The shampoo also contains natural fruit extracts and is so gentle that you can even use this on your newborn. This dermatological testes product is not only perfect to clean and nourish your baby’s hair but will also work to make the scalp of their head more nourished. This means that this can be considered a strong contender in the list of the best baby shampoos for dry hair. So with every wash enjoy detangles and nourished hair!
Let’s move on to the list of pros and cons before your lock Mustela as the product for you!
- Really gentle and no-toxins formula
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive scalp
- Natural fruit extract
- Mild invigorating fragrance
- Perfect for delicate skin (even for newborn babies)
- Tear-free and Non-soapy formulation
- pH balanced shampoo
- The smell can be a little strong for some people
Dove is a known brand when it comes to gentle cleaning soaps and shampoos for adults, however, it has made its mark in the list of the best baby shampoos in India as well. Made with completely pure and natural ingredients, Dove promises to leave your baby’s delicate hair and skin not only clean but also moisturized.
The Baby Dove Rich Moisture Shampoo is loaded with pre-biotic moisture that doesn’t interfere with the pH balance and yet leaves a soft, smooth hydrated skin and hair like no other. One of the things that help the Baby Dove Moisture shampoo stand out, it’s the unique ¼ moisturizing cream for the skin. Whether we talk about dermatologists, ophthalmologists, or even common pediatricians, the Dove shampoo for children is recommended for a wide audience. With no irritation of any kind, this hypoallergenic will leave fresh, soft, and smooth hair after every single wash! Baby Dove Rich Moisture is one of the Best Baby Shampoos in India
Let’s head to the list of pros and cons for the Baby Dove Rich Moisture shampoo
- No extra dyes, parabens phthalates, or sulfates!
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Dermatologically tested
- pH balanced with a unique 1/4th moisturizing cream
- Soft smooth and hydrated hair after every wash
- No tears formula as gentle as water
- Easily available in the market
- Value for money
How To Choose The Right Shampoo For Children?
Now that you have an idea about the strongest contenders in the market right now, it is important to know what you are looking for in shampoo for your child. To make this important decision, we have cumulated a checklist for you to know what to look for in the perfect shampoo for your child!
Mild or no fragrance product
It is important to make sure that your product is either sporting a mild natural scent or it comes unscented. This is really important as companies use synthetic fragrances to make the product more appealing. However, this can prove counterproductive causing skin infection, rashes, and even nasal problems in young humans! To avoid these, always choose a product that is either mildly scented or not scented at all!
Completely tear-free formula
When it comes to a child, it is important to use products that would be gentle on their skin, hair, and eyes. This is really important as often during bath time, little ones are not able to keep their eyes closed. Choose a no-tear formula with no harsh ingredients to make sure that even if the shampoo goes in your baby’s eyes, it isn’t a problem.
Most of the mass-produced products come with parabens, sulfates, and colors, and dyes. However, the product that would be coming in contact with the delicate skin of your little one needs to make sure that it is not only gentle and mild but is completely natural. Chemical and extra artificial additives can be really harmful to the delicate skin and hair of your young one and therefore should be avoided at all costs. Look instead for a milder alternative with a who itinerary filled with natural products
A lot of lather in terms of shampoo and body wash can end up irritating the hair or the skin of your child. A less foamy alternative will not only clean out your kid’s hair but would do so without causing any damage in the process! If you have a choice, always choose the less foamy alternative.
What are the benefits of using Baby Shampoos?
Whenever you are going to buy toiletries for your little one, it is important to choose the perfect product to make sure that they have the best care. Though it is commonly known, let us quickly note out the benefits of using baby shampoo and why going the extra step is necessary
- Perfect product for cleaning out hair, removing oil, dirt, dandruff, and other environmental and artificial contaminants out of the hair. This is not only a wonderful product for the little ones crawling on the floor or running out in the yard, but can even be a good chance for your hair. Baby shampoos are one of the best products for a thorough and yet gentle cleaning!
- Retaining the moisture in your baby’s hair and scalp making sure that dryness or dandruff would not be a problem. Baby shampoos are also recommended to people with extremely dry hair thanks to the no chemical, moisture-retaining composition for rejuvenation of their hair.
- Made up completely of natural ingredients, it is the perfect thing when it comes to avoiding man-made. These shampoos would not only be gentle for your little ones but also make sure that they are never far away from the roots. This can be a good change of pace for people looking for a change after heavy chemical hair treatments
- Always keeps the hair soft smooth and silky for your little ones even with all the sweat and dirt their hair collects during playtime.
- No more irritation and itching! With the moisture retention and locking in scalp and hair, the drying skin is rejuvenated and thus it relieves the irritation. It is not only a brilliant product for babies, but can definitely be used by adults looking to give their scalp a rest!
- Long, heavy hair with good texture thanks to the brilliant working of the shampoo! The perfect thing to improve hair growth.
FAQ for Best Baby Shampoos in India
How safe is it to use baby shampoo?
Baby shampoos are generally made with natural ingredients and no chemicals making them a safe bet! However, if you are still skeptical read the list of ingredients used in the shampoo before purchase. Pick one with no Sulfate, no paraben, and no preservatives for best results.
Does a kid’s shampoo sting a child’s eyes?
Though the chemicals in the normal shampoo would sting a child’s eyes, the baby shampoos are made to be gentle and pH balanced. They come with a special no tear formula just to avoid stinging in the eyes while bath time.
Is it true that baby shampoo is tear-free?
Children and baby shampoos come with a tear-free formulation with a gentle touch that doesn’t irritate the skin or eyes. This means that even if the shampoo enters the eyes, it would not irritate and thus create no tears.
Is baby shampoo better than regular shampoo?
Baby shampoos are designed for the delicate skin and hair of babies, meaning that they have a much more gentle approach when it comes to ingredients. This means better hydration, a more gentle cleaning, and no harmful chemicals. This gives a better cleaning and yet locks in the moisture needed by the hair. This makes the baby shampoo a great choice not only for your little one but even you!
Are the baby shampoos suitable for the growth of hair?
With moisturizing aftertouch, a gentle cleaning, and brilliance of pH balance, baby shampoos give hair the best environment for growth. Not only would it heal damaged hair, but it would also make sure no extra chemicals hinder the natural growth of hair.
Picking a shampoo for your little one is an important task and we are here to make sure that you find the best baby shampoo in India! So Make sure you match your list to ours and find yourself the one that works for your needs!
Popular Baby Boy Names by Religion:
- Christian Baby Boy Names
- Islamic Baby Boy Names
- Rajput Kshatriya (Darbar) Baby Boy Names
- Hindu Baby Boy Names